Ticker

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Background

So why do I need a new life direction?
This past weekend I spent an amazing 60 hours in Texas with my family. This trip really helped to open my eyes to a number of things. Since moving away from home (who am I kidding...since I was born) I have been letting not only my health, self-respect, and self-confidence slide, but I have also recessed in to a shell of privacy that I have had difficulty letting people in to. So far, since May, with the help of Slimgenics, I have lost 23 pounds in 12 weeks. Now, originally I was supposed to be a full 27.25 pounds down by this point. This realization really began to upset and depress me. I have worked so hard to get to where I am; however, it was not hard enough. Luckily, due to my diligence, I have earned an extra 7 weeks and lowered my goal another 10 pounds. This means that I have 7 weeks (including this week...and it is Wednesday) to loose 14.25 pounds. Now this seems harmless enough, but I have been stuck hovering, bouncing, yo-yoing around the 22-23lb lost mark for almost three weeks. I am tired, I am cranky, and I am ready to reach my goal!
When I got to work today I had several meetings and then a significant amount of down time. I began thinking of all the things that I did, or pledged to do this past weekend and decided that this time I would follow through. So far my list includes:

1.) Sticking to my diet religiously in order to loose the 14.25 pounds that I want to loose and reach my goal!
2.) Work out three times a week at the gym. Tuesdays I will do a 30 minute Ab Blast. Wednesday morning I will do an hour of Power Yoga. Thursday afternoon I will do an hour of Zumba.
3.) Walk Remy (my dog) for fifteen minutes down the Highline Canal at least 4 times a week (hopefully on those days that I don't work out).
4.) Work Trinity (my horse) four mornings a week and ride three evenings a week.
5.) Wash my face, exfoliate, and moisturize twice a day.
6.) Take the time to put on my make-up correctly every weekday morning.

I will come back to this list every Sunday night  to assess the completion of each goal as well add new goals. I think that taking this step to make a commitment to myself is important. My family is traveling to Italy in November and I want to look awesome, feel awesome, and be confident as I embark on the first test of my new life! This gives me 85 days to develop these new habits and become the person that I know I can be!


So why did I decide to start a blog? 
This is a question I have been asking myself as I have begun this process. I think that there are several reasons that I think a blog will be effective as I embark on the path to a new an improved life:

1.) My family and most of my close friends live far away and are my biggest support system. By blogging on a daily (or semi-daily) basis I will have a means to communicate to them about my process!
2.) Blogging will help me to stay accountable to myself and others. As sad as it is, I need someone to stay accountable to, and in the past I know that listing myself as the "accountability queen" is not only hilarious, it is down right ridiculous.
3.) Lately I have been following several people's blogs and they have inspired me. If I could be an inspiration to other people then I would consider that a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment