Ticker

Monday, November 7, 2011

My new way to Maintain

So, I love the Slimgenics program, as you all know. It really helped me to get over the weight loss hurdle and reach a point where I am happy. I am now done with the weight loss "phase" but I am not done with my weight loss. My problem with the Slimgenics program is that I do not feel as though I have the level of support during my maintenance phase as I did during the weight loss phase. I think that the counselors still care, but the program is designed for weight loss and gets a bit complicated for maintenance. Therefore, I  made the decision this past weekend to spend the money to join Weight Watchers to help me with my last bit of weight loss and then to keep me going through maintenance. I tried it out over the weekend while I was visiting my family and I really enjoyed it! I am still trying to stick closely to the Slimgenics idea of increased protein and veggies and moderate fruit and starch, but I am not sticking only to that. I like that I have the freedom on WW to eat what I want, go out to eat, and learn moderation as well. I was home with my family, had a cocktail party, and ate out, but I think I actually lost weight! I will do an official weigh-in in the morning (since by the time my flight landed today I had already eaten) and I will let you know how it goes!

I am also going to go do an official weigh-in at Slimgenics tomorrow. I am going to keep going to my once a week meetings for a while. I don't know why since I don't really find them all that helpful. I guess I feel like since I spent the money I should use the service. I don't know.

On another note, I am so excited for Italy! I helped Mom to get her clothes together this weekend and then I helped her to pack and that made it all so real! I have been planning this trip since May and I can't believe it is less than 2 weeks away. I have so many cute clothes and I am really excited about picking out my outfits and getting myself packed! Thank God I have such wonderful neighbors that are willing to help me out and take care of Trinity and Kieren for me. If only Remy wasn't such a looney toon... oh well...I love her anyways! Trinity is doing so well, however she is fat and muddy! Everytime it dries and I can get in her stall and clean it and clean her it snows again...We are supposed to get snow again tonight...oh Colorado, how I love yet loath you...


No comments:

Post a Comment