Ticker

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Meatloaf Turkey Burger!




Last night I had a delicious dinner! There were some problems that I would fix next time, but they were just because of my absent mindedness... This was a Meatloaf Turkey Burger with Butternut Squash Fries. I ended up not using a bun at all, which was fine because this 1/4 pounder was HUGE! I have been reading a lot of food blogs and so I felt the need to begin documenting the process I go through when I make delicious meals. I will spare you from my documenting the microwavable dinner process (which is my most common lunch/dinner! On the weekends, however, I enjoy having a good time cooking in the kitchen. I am REALLY in the mood to do some baking this weekend. I am not sure what I will make. I feel as though bread and some kind of sweet would be good. hmmmm...research here I come! While I do that, enjoy this decadent burger. Here is what I did/would change:


I began by combining these three wet ingredients: 2 TBSP Chili Sauce, 1/2 TBSP Dijonnaise, 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce.


I then used my Magic bullet and combined: One torn up piece of 45 calorie bread (a good use for the heel!), 2 TBSP grated Parmesan cheese, 1 TBSP Italian seasoning (just a blend of marjoram, thyme, rosemary, sage, oregano, and basil), ½ tsp ground black pepper, ¼ tsp salt. I would cut these in half. I cut everything else in half, but I used full seasonings, because typically turkey has less flavor than beef. This was a mistake. The burger was too seasoned. It was yummy, but overpowering. Either double everything else (for 4 burgers) or half the seasonings (and keep with 2 burgers).


Combine all of the ingredients with 8 oz. of lean ground turkey breast (99% fat free). GET DIRTY! Use your hands and make sure everything gets blended well.


Place on a baking sheet (or Stoneware! If you don't have stoneware, please get in contact with me. I can help you order some. It will change your life!). Bake at 400 degrees for approximately 15-17 minutes. The wet ingredients keep this SO moist, turkey is known to dry out and this was not dry at all! I then placed a 2% fat Pepperjack Cheese slice on top with onions, tomatos, pickles, and jalapeƱos.

I then made the butternut squash fries. Beging by cutting the squash in half right above the bulb. Peel using a veggie peeler (if it is too hard, place it in the microwave for a minute of so). Cut the bottom half in half and remove the seeds. Slice into long fry strips. Place on a cooling rack on top of a baking sheet. This allows air to flow above and below and prevents you having to flip the fries.


Let the fries sit out for a while and dry for a bit. The sprinkle with salt, garlic salt, pepper, or whatever you like on your sweet potato fries. Bake at 425 for 40 minutes or so.

I hope that you enjoyed the journey through my dinner last night. The burger (half the recipe) with all the toppings was 7 WW points plus and the butternut squash fries are technically free! I only ate about 2/3 of the ones I made, so I have a burger and fries waiting for me in the fridge (warm the burger AND fries in the over to avoid drying out).

I'll be back later today to show you my awesome Strawberry Banana pancakes that I am eating as I type (yes, it is difficult). I will also figure out if I am going to bake today...decisions decisions...

No comments:

Post a Comment