Ticker

Thursday, January 5, 2012

So far, So good

So, I have been hitting Weight Watchers again to shed the holiday pounds that I gained. It is going really well and I am really enjoying having a routine again. I was down to 140.6 this morning, so that was encouraging. Only 10-12 lbs before I hit my goal! I know that I can do it. I just hope that my momentum keeps up and I don't stall out at 136 again, and again, and again. It is very encouraging that my whole family is also doing weight watchers, so we can share tips and tricks along the way.

School is gearing up for another rousing quarter. I am not very excited about any of my classes. I think that they will be fine, but I wish I was EXCITED about them. I guess I will have to act excited and hope that my body is tricked into actual excitement...here's to hoping! I think the main downer is just that I don't like going home at night to do homework. For so long I had a job that allowed me to do homework while at work, so I never had to actually DO homework. Now, I have an amazing job that I love and keeps me busy, therefore limiting my free time to do homework. Therefore, there will be more homework. I guess I now know where my time on Saturdays will be spent...at my kitchen table reading and writing...woohoo. Additionally, I have a ton of work to do on my capstone project, yet I can not get motivated to do any of it...Why?

On a better note, Mom and I are starting a bible study about the life of Paul this week. We are going to chat every Sunday night and use it as a mother/daughter bonding time for the two of us. I am very excited about that! I really want to get in the habit of setting time aside each night to work on my bible study. I am also going to start going to mass again and try to find a church where I can get involved in the social fellowship and the spiritual ceremony again. I am currently waffling about whether I should return to the Catholic Church or whether the Episcopal Church is more in my line of thinking and beliefs...so yes, I am just full of spiritual searching right now! Luckily, I have an amazing mother who is willing to help me on my journey!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment