Ticker

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Relaxing Saturday!

So, I didn't do any baking today, but I did get all of my other chores done. This leaves all day Sunday (after Church and FaceTime coffee/bible study with Mom) and all day Monday (YAY MLK Day!!!). Without further ado:
STRAWBERRY-BANANA PANCAKES!
I made these using the same method as the blueberry pancakes the other day. The only difference was that I  didn't mix in the fruit, instead, I strategically placed them in each pancake!

EPIC! They look as good as the ones on the box, don't they? 


So after an amazing breakfast, I cleaned my apartment, did a pile of dishes, and then ventured outdoors. I think that somebody forgot to tell Colorado that it is still Winter, because I had my windows open all day. did barn chores in short sleeves, and enjoyed one of the 300 days of sunshine that I was promised when I moved here. Days like this remind me why I fell in love with Colorado in the first place and wanted to go to school out here! It also makes me want to stay. If I can get through this winter, I can totally live here. Well, after being in such a good mood because of the weather and my now clean and organized apartment, I saw THIS: 

SO GROSS! So, I began what will be a three day cleaning process. Today was removing as much of the cakes on dirt as possible, unbraiding the tail bag to allow her tail to relax a bit, and getting all of the tangles out of her mane. I also was able to get a pretty good cleaning done on her hooves. Tomorrow will be a deep cleaning of the body and the Monday the tail will do back in to the tail bag, the mane will get braided, and the coat will get polished to prepare for our next snow storm (read mud bath)...I don't know how I let her get this bad. If anyone knows me in the horse world, they know what a clean snob I am when it comes to my horse. I like clean, combed out tails, shiny coats, flowing manes, kissable noses, and more! I love when people compliment how clean she is. It makes me feel good to know that all my love and care is paying off...Certainly NOBODY is complimenting this thing. 

So after night time feeding and bedding down, I walk around the corner to go back to my apartment and I am greeted by: 
My love bug, Kieren...sitting in the kitchen window, which he knows is not allowed! 

Anyways, for dinner I felt like having a ginormous salad! So, I did. I cut up anything and everything that could go in a salad, added some turkey and hard boiled eggs, and tossed! For dressing I used 2 TBL Kraft Free Caesar Italian, 2 TBL Raw Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar, 1 tsp Splenda. Yummmm City! 
I hope that you are enjoying my new photo blog! I think that it adds some life and pizazz...don't you think? Let me know your thoughts proceeding. I got this idea from some other blogs that I follow. Whenever I find a new blog that I like, I go back and read from the very beginning. I like to see how people evolve and change as bloggers and people. I recently found Can You Stay For Dinner?, which is a fun blog about a girl, her shenanigans, and of course her food! She uses a lot of pictures and has some awesome recipes (thus my idea for egg whites in the pancakes AND the meatloaf burger recipe). I thought that it would be fun to copy her use of photos and also steal some of her delicious recipes! THANKS!





1 comment:

  1. Enjoying your blog but it is making me hungry! Ha! Glad you are doing well with WW. I am struggling to finish SG. I only have a few more weeks to go and too many pounds to lose in those weeks. Darn it.

    ReplyDelete