Ticker

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Royalties?

At which point do I need to start paying royalties to Andrea of Can You Stay For Dinner?

I made another one of her recipes that keeps popping up on her blog this morning. Today was Banana Oatmeal. It was so rich, creamy, and decadent. PLUS it made a ginormous bowl. It seriously took me 2 hours to eat it all. It is now almost lunch time and I just finished breakfast! Although, a good portion of that time was spent with my Sunday morning chat/Bible study with mom! Anyways, this recipe is so easy: 3/4 cups of old fashioned dry oats, 1/2 cup of fat-free milk, 1 cup of water, vanilla extract, 3/4 of a chopped banana, 1/2 tsp splenda. Microwave for 2.5 minutes, stir, microwave for 2.5 minutes, stir, microwave for one minute intervals until it reaches your favorite consistency (I needed one more minute...but I have a baby microwave so it may just not be as hot as other peoples...). I then added one Tablespoon of Splenda Brown Sugar mix and the remaining bananas. The fresh bananas give a fun consistency and the cooked ones make the dish so creamy. Andrea claims not to need sugar, but I like the extra Splenda and Brown Sugar blend...personal preference I guess!

After cooking my magical bowl of oats, I sat down and prepared for Mom and my special Sunday morning time together. Don't you love technology? I have lived at least 800 miles away from my family for almost 6 years, but I can still have coffee and Bible Study with my mom every Sunday morning! I don't think I could ever live this far away without the amazing benefits of technology! Here I am with my computer, oatmeals, coffee, water, bible, bible study, journal...just waiting on Mom! We ended up using FaceTime on the iPhone instead of the computer, but the screen served as a fabulous way to prop up the phone! Wow this picture makes my kitchen look junky...I really did clean it all up yesterday and it looks nice!

This is how my other 2/3s spends their Sunday mornings (the other one is eating breakfast in the backyard, but I didn't get a picture of her!). My bed WAS made before the dog got a hold of it. Remy roots more than a pig looking for truffles! She roots and roots and roots and turns and turns and roots and roots until my nicely made bed looks like this...then it is an acceptable place to snooze away the Sunday! Kieren just feels the need to find where ever I placed a coat that I DO NOT want cat hair on...oh well...whatcha gonna do?

 


















Have a WONDERFUL Sunday everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment