Ticker

Friday, January 6, 2012

Not Hungry?

This is a rare an odd thing for me to say; however, since I have been back in Colorado, I have not been hungry. In the mornings I have been waking up and eating some sort of breakfast sandwich (a Smart Ones, Jimmy Dean Delight, or a homemade one). Then I am off to work with a fruit smoothie in hand for a snack; a lean pocket, Amy's light burrito, or some other microwavable goodness in hand for lunch; and a bar or crunchy snack for the afternoon. I am following Weight Watchers and trying to keep to my 26 points each day so that I can loose my holiday weight quickly. So with all that I pack, I usually leave 7-8 points for dinner. Now, since being home, I have not gone to the grocery (thus the immense amounts of frozen foods and not fresh veggies/lean protein like I usually stick with). Anyways, so I eat my delicious breakfast sandwich (around 630am) and head to work. By the time I leave my fellowship and head to work (around 11am) I have not been hungry enough to drink my smoothie. I then tend to get caught up in work and drink my smoothie slowly throughout the afternoon (between noon and 1 or 2pm). And let me tell you, it is a yummy smoothie (frozen fruit blends and Almond Milk...though one of my good friends here is Denver taunts me with her delicious smoothies made in her Vitamixer, complete with carrots, kale, bananas, and all over deliciousness...I only wish my blender was this cool, or that the Vitamix wasn't so expensive. If I put a carrot in my blender it would not only die, it would kill me! :sad face:). Anyways, by the time I get off of work or head to class I eat my lunch (4 or 5pm, depending on the day) or just have my snack, depending on how I am feeling that day... Long story short, I seem to eat 2/3 of my food after 4pm. From everything that I have read, it should be the opposite.

So, today, I decided that I was going to eat 2/3 of my food before 5pm when I get off of work. I started my day off making a egg sandwich. I didn't have any kind of deli meat or sausage so I used a veggie burger patty. Maybe that was my mistake. The sandwich was delicious and filling. I wanted to eat lunch around 10:30-10:45 so that I wasn't eating AT work right when I got there, it just seems weird to me. Well, I went downstairs from my fellowship to grab a chef's salad (only 6 points plus, plus one point for the lite Italian dressing). By the time I got back up to my office I was SO not hungry. And come on, it had been like 4 hours since I ate breakfast...Well, I ate the salad to try and keep to my goal of eating 2/3 of my food before 4pm. Now, I feel full and not happy. I look in by bag at the two snack I brought (usually I am CRAVING them and have to keep them hidden so I don't eat them all right away) and I am repulsed by the thought of eating them.

I don't know what is going on. Maybe my body is finally detoxing from the disgusting amount of food that I ate over the holidays, and maybe I am just going crazy (or both...). I am supposed to eat all of my points for Weight Watchers, but there are some days that I just can't. The other day I didn't eat lunch because I just wasn't at all hungry, therefore I had like 16 points left at dinner. So that night I had a Chick-fil-a sandwich for dinner, then made popcorn. I was going to have a dessert to help get my numbers up, but I just couldn't do it. Therefore I ended the day with 5 points left over...thats just wrong!

Has anyone else ever experienced this?

No comments:

Post a Comment