Ticker

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Th will power of an ant...

So, after my weigh in on Sunday I made a choice...I would only weigh twice a week! That lasted until this morning. For some reason during weight loss I love to see that scale move. Even if it is down .2 or 0 or up .2, I like the movement and motion. Luckily for me, I was down this morning, so it didn't put me in a funk. I don't know why I get in these stupid funks; however, knowing that I do, I should just forgo the scale...right? Well, every morning that scale is like a pat on the back saying "Great Job yesterday Lauren, Keep it up!". It is so much easier for me to stay on track when I am getting that slightly schizophrenic encouragement every morning. Does anyone else experience your scale talking to you in the morning before that first cup of coffee...No? well, me being slightly psychotic shouldn't be of any great surprise!

Anyways, I am kicking butt and taking names this week. I have been eating a good amount of fresh fruits and veggies and getting in some nice lean protein along the way! And don't forget dessert!!! When did I become a dessert person? I never used to be...I mean don't get me wrong, I loved dessert at restaurants and those enjoyable stops at DQ for a blizzard when Mom picked me up from Kindergarden or those late night runs for a Braums banana split because Dad has a sweet tooth...but all of that aside, in my adult life, I have never been a huge sweet person...Well that has changed. My late night (and by late night I am doing good to push 9pm...) dessert fix sets me up for a great next day! Now sometimes dessert is a delicious Smart Ones Sundae, sometimes it is a popsicle, and sometimes is is a warmed piece of fruit with cool whip...but regardless, I love my nightly dessert! I'm not sure where this post got off track...but it did...drastically

What I am trying to say...I think...is that things are going really well. I have really gotten in a groove with the Weight Watchers Points Plus system, yet I am still incorporating everything that I learned with Slimgenics. This may be why my weight is coming off so quickly now, much quicker than it ever has. I think that the key to any "lifestyle change" is finding out what works for you. For me, I like to graze all day. I have a set breakfast and occasionally a set dinner, but for the most part I just eat small snacks all day long. This seems to work for my body. Another thing that I have noticed is that it works for me to eat a lot of fresh veggies and fresh or frozen fruits with lean protein and then the indulgences. The way that WW works allows me this since my "lunch" salads are usually around 3 or 4 points total...today's is a whopping 6 because I splurged with some dried cranberries, roasted walnuts, tilapia, and fat free thousand island dressing. However, I also know that when I get home from class I have some chile rellenos thawing in the microwave and a Weight Watchers Sundae calling my name! This is the joy of combining plans that work to your individual specification. I can eat healthy, but I can still have frozen dinners.

Work is chugging along nicely, all of my holiday weight has been packed away with my tree and nativity scene, and I am enjoying our short burst of nice weather here in Colorado!

...am I just rambling to myself?

1 comment:

  1. I am so thankful to be able to read your blog and get encouragement from someone ahead of me on the journey of doing weight watchers after SlimGenics.

    I SOOOOO know what you're talking about with the scale talking to you. I swear I became addicted to that morning ritual when I was on SlimGenics, because throughout the journey, the scale was down (at least .2 lbs) almost every single day!

    Now, it's a struggle to NOT get on the scale every day. Weight Watchers has us weighing once a week, but I feel the pull to the scale every day...

    I, too, love being able to enjoy the WW and Skinny Cow desserts, etc. I think being able to incorporate the knowledge from SG into WW gives us the best of everything. I really pray we both continue to be successful! :-)

    ReplyDelete