Ticker

Monday, October 24, 2011

An Amazing Weekend!

I had an amazing weekend! I enjoyed my trip to Virginia so much. It was a much needed break from the struggles and headaches amassed in school and work and living alone. Shane and I went to an apple orchard and picked our own amazing Pink Lady Apples, drank homemade Apple Cider, and ate delicious Apple Donuts and Peach BBQ (Do I need to say my diet was out the window for the weekend?).



Saturday night Shane and I went to the Melting Pot for dinner. Is there a better place to throw your diet for a loop? I think not...We started with amazing cocktails and then proceeded through the full 4-course menu complete with Beer Pairings. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! We then had after dinner coffee drinks. It was a fabulous overall evening.

Sunday, Shane and I had a relaxing morning and ran a few errands. We then took a slow drive down the parkway and hiked back to a beautiful waterfall. The end of the weekend was a small birthday celebration at the house including a bonfire, Buffalo Burgers, Enchilada Soup, and Red Velvet Cupcakes! YUMMY!






We shall see the diet damage tomorrow morning...please pray for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment