Ticker

Friday, September 2, 2011

Special Guest: Jeff Arnold

So this post has good news, better news, and best news! Imagine that? So, the good news is: I was contacted yesterday by a Slimgenics representative that follows my blog about featuring one of the Slimgenics success stories, so today you will be seeing a short video that Jeff put together about his journey through weight loss. The Better news is that I lost another 1.25 pounds today! Meaning I only have 10.25 to go! The BEST news is, that Jeff has not only allowed me to show his video, but he has also agreed to be a guest blogger and share a little more about how loosing weight has changed his entire life (not just his physical appearance).

So, without further ado...



Hi Lauren! Thank you for the opportunity to be a guest on your blog, and talk about my new life with your blog readers. Like what you are currently doing, I also lost weight through the SlimGenics program. In fact, quite a bit of it… 110 pounds. I reached my goal 15 months ago, and I have maintained my new weight ever since.
    You know, it’s funny, but I don’t even really think about having lost the weight anymore. That may sound odd, but what I have found is that although that was a huge part of giving myself a new life, it was only the beginning. I learned so much through their program, that I enjoy all aspects of my life in a whole new way. I mean, when you are in an overweight body, it is difficult to comprehend how “the other half” lives. But, I am part of that other half now, and it is amazing.
    Oh, let me count the ways… I am a fitness junkie these days. I enjoy healthy foods, and REFUSE to ever put fast food or other garbage like that in this new body. I have energy to play with my two sons. It put a spark back in my marriage (my wife actually did the program too and lost 45 pounds.) I am confident. I mean truly confident. If I could do this, I can do anything, and I really believe that now. I couldn’t tell you a single thing about what’s happening on television, but I can tell you lots about the scenery as I’m running on the Big Dry Creek Trail, and what it’s like to come up the hill at Standley Lake. It’s amazing. I take pride in how I dress now. I look people in the eye when I talk to them, and don’t feel a need to withdraw. I feel young. I feel like a teenager, and I don’t even think I felt like that when I was one. I have never been this healthy. I could go on forever, but the bottom line is that I have an amazing life now, and I am so thankful that I was able to make these changes. I am thankful for my experience with SlimGenics, and as you have mentioned – I am thankful for the opportunity to inspire others with my experience. I have had many people start to turn their lives around, and they have thanked me for the inspiration. Man, I would have never seen that one coming… Not in a million years.  
    As far as I’m concerned, health and wellness are so critical in our lives, and I encourage you and any of your blog readers to embrace it and drink it all in. It really is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment